When I found this dress in a box a couple of months ago I knew I wanted to make a 1930's dress out of it. But I was not sure I would have enough. So I went to pinterest and spent HOURS on there looking at dresses from the 1930's.
I found lots to use for ideas then went to simplicity to look for a pattern I could alter. All the 1930's patterns on eBay and Etsy were way to expensive. And the local Joann's store had a 5 for a $5 simplicity sale.
After getting the pattern and making some adjustments I found out I would not be able to get the sleeves out of the same color. My sister suggested I use a different color. I did not like the idea of that but then remembered a picture I had seen of a 1930's dress on pinterest. It was blue with red plaid sleeves. So I went to my drawing board.
I combined the pattern I had gotten and altered with the idea's I had in my head and the fabric I had to work with. When I was done with the drawing I showed it to all my family and emailed it to some people to get there feed back on what they thought. Then I was ready to sew.
After the dress was done or almost done I moved onto hair and make up. I tried LOTS of different hair styles before I found one that would be quick and look 1930's.
Yesterday morning I grabbed my sister and went outside to get some pictures. It was only about 10 degrees and yes I was freezing. The things we do sometimes!!!! So here are some pictures.